Cosmetic dentistry can improve the appearance of your smile, and it can also improve the health of your teeth. Cosmetic dentistry is focused on improving the appearance of a person’s smile. From teeth whitening to porcelain veneers, cosmetic procedures are focused on enhancing a smile's aesthetics and helping patients feel better about how their teeth look. While cosmetic dentistry does not primarily focus on the health of teeth or gums, many cosmetic procedures can also resolve functional issues while creating a more aesthetically pleasing outcome.
Many patients turn to cosmetic dentistry to resolve concerns with one or more of their front teeth:
- Veneers can cover small chips or cracks in a patient’s enamel and conceal discoloration from stains, medications, or trauma.
- Patients can also brighten their smiles by undergoing professional teeth whitening treatments at home or in the dentist’s office.
- Porcelain crowns can restore a tooth after it has been damaged or decayed due to tooth decay. These tooth-colored restorations fit over the affected tooth, protecting it from further damage and improving its appearance.
- Other cosmetic dentistry options include dental bonding, composite resin fillings, and more!
What Are the Reasons Why People Seek Cosmetic Dentistry Services?
- To treat minor damage or decay that is causing aesthetic concerns.
- To achieve a brighter smile. Tooth whitening is a popular service that can be performed either at home or in our office.
- Missing teeth can be addressed with single implants or a bridge.
- For chipped or damaged teeth, we can manage them with dental veneers.
- For uneven gums, we can correct them with a gum recontouring procedure.
- Small gaps between teeth can be addressed with orthodontic treatments.
Types of Cosmetic Dental Procedures
Whitening is one of the most popular and commonly used forms of cosmetic dentistry. It involves the in-office application of a peroxide solution on the teeth to lighten them by several shades. It is entirely safe and non-invasive, and the results are instant.
Orthodontic treatment involves braces and other orthodontic appliances to correct teeth and bite alignment problems. Although it used to be reserved for children and teens, many adults now opt for orthodontic care to achieve a more aesthetically pleasing smile.
When permanent teeth are damaged because of injury or decay, they can be restored with tooth bonding. Tooth bonding can repair slight damage, such as chips or small cracks in one or more teeth. It involves applying composite resin to the surface of a damaged or decayed tooth to fill in any gaps and repair the damage.
If you want to learn more about your options for enhancing your smile, visit Tier One Dental at 279 TX-46, Seguin, TX 78155, or call (830) 372-2852. We can review your dental health and help you determine which cosmetic treatments suit your unique needs and preferences.